Over the years meal replacement shakes have become a preferred dietary supplement for health conscious individuals across the world. While many weight loss aspirants think certain other forms of dieting are an effective method to shedding extra pounds, often times they lead to them feeling weak and starved.
Leading nutritionists recommend taking weight loss meal replacement shakes if one wants to cut down on their calorie intake, and discourages them from skipping meals as it is an unhealthy take on weight loss. The measured quantity of essential nutrients like protein, carbs, fats, dietary fibers, vitamins, and minerals makes it a close second to your regular meal but with a significant reduction in calories that not only aids weight loss but prevents indiscriminate weight shedding and maintains the body’s balance.
However, meal replacement shakes are just an initial step that one can take to a fitter and healthier lifestyle. Depending on them completely is not wise and one needs to complement them with the appropriate amount of physical activity to achieve the desired results.
What Can You Do?
Apart from hitting the gym, one can also adopt some healthy habits like walking. If you have a hectic schedule and can’t find time to go for a stroll every day, think if there is any place that you can walk to that you would normally drive to, so it’s easier to add into your routine. Walking increases high-density beneficial lipoprotein cholesterol that lowers blood pressure and reduces the level of low-density harmful cholesterol in our bodies.
Physical activity can also be increased by engaging in sports that require us to sweat it out in the field, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, joining a dance class, swimming, hiking and even shopping! Physical activity is of paramount importance if one wants to avoid a sedentary lifestyle that leads to obesity and other serious health consequences that are detrimental to our overall wellbeing.
Best Workouts to Try Alongside Weight Loss Meal Replacement Shakes
Losing weight can be extremely troublesome, but it is certainly not impossible. Some healthy habits, a meal replacement shake, and these effective workouts are all you need:
- Interval training: This one stands for any kind of exercise in which the heart rate fluctuates constantly. The idea behind this workout is to raise the heart rate in order to activate your metabolism which results in the burning of calories. It can be done as part of your outdoor workout sessions or in the gym. The most common workout for interval training is indoor cycling which involves a number of our muscles that need the energy to function. The more the energy requirement, the more calories are burnt thereby, resulting in effective weight loss.
- Running: It should ideally be the stepping stone of your daily workout regimen, as it serves as a warm up for your muscles. However, if you want to shed extra pounds, light running is not enough. Look for inclined slopes or run on hill sides, as an uphill run requires more muscles which in turn requires more energy. When you are trying to run uphill, glutes and legs are mainly at work, making it an ideal workout for toned legs and overall weight loss.
- Lunges: These can be of various kinds. However, the forward lunge is the most commonly practiced lunge that engages multiple muscles. All these muscles need energy to work which means increased burning of calories.
- Squats: These are ideal for those who have heavier lower bodies, as it focuses on our lower half.
- Weight training: It is thought to be the most effective of all weight loss techniques. Resistance training with or without weights is considered to be ideal for weight loss as it wakes up our resting metabolism which remains active long after the workout is over. However, mixing up your weight training is essential as it prevents our bodies from getting used to the same kind of weight lifting routines.
- Cardio intervals: You can end your daily workout session with an interesting twist known as cardio intervals. In simple parlance, cardio intervals are short periods of intense effort in a regular workout. For instance, if you are running for 30 minutes, you spend a short interval running at an increased pace which requires more energy. With these intense intervals, the goal is to spike your metabolism which remains buzzing for hours after your daily workout is over. An active metabolism entails continuous calorie burn and weight loss!
To find the best weight loss meal replacement shakes, go on review sites and always check the ingredients to make sure there are no nasty’s like artificial ingredients or potentially dangerous chemicals. Some great shakes to try include 310 Nutrition, Orgain, Vega, and IdealShape. Though some like Shakeology, it is also more expensive, and many prefer the taste of 310 Shakes instead. When you find what works for you, put it into action as a daily fat-busting lifestyle practice along with your exercise routine!