Lectin Shield is a helpful dietary supplement which will help you fight the effects of lectins on your digestive system. If you have never heard about lectins, you are probably not alone in this. Many people are not familiar with the word, although most of them suffer from the damages of lectins. You need to know what lectins are and understand their effects on your health. This will help you get a clear view of the importance of Lectin Shield.
What are lectins?
The word ‘lectin’ is derived from a Latin word ‘Legere’ which literally means ‘to select’. Although you might view plants as defenseless, they have an effective defense mechanism; lectins. These are protein molecules which defend plants, such as: beans, tomatoes, soybeans, wheat, and eggplants. This defense mechanism is used by these plants to ward off predators and this includes you. Therefore, anytime you eat plants with high content of lectins, they damage your intestines.
How do lectins effect your body?
It is easy to brush off information about lectins as irrelevant, but the reality is that it is as relevant as life itself. This is because of the manner in which they affect your body’s physiology. If you consume food with high levels of lectins, they attach themselves to the epithelial wall of your intestines. This further leads to digestive problems and immune system complications. Damaged intestines reduce the ability of your body to digest and absorb food.
How can I reduce effects of lectins?
The simplest way to prevent the effects of lectins is by totally avoiding food with lectins. It sounds easy, but it is almost impossible to avoid all the foods with lectins. There are even article on Pinterest about Lectin Shield and cooking with less lectins! Foods like tomatoes are essential to your body and are unavoidable. This is where using a dietary supplement comes in, and shows we need the following information on how using Lectin Shield decreases the effect of lectins.
What makes Lectin Shield effective?
It was created by GundryMD and it is the first of its type in the battle against lectins. Check out this podcast for more information on Lectin Shield, and also read the following to understand. The way it effectively manages to prevent you from feeling the effects of lectins seems like a mystery, but it does this effectively because of its ingredient. These are natural ingredients which work together in different forms to prevent attachment of lectins on your intestinal cells. Here are the ingredients that make it work perfectly:
– Sodium Alginate: – It mainly helps in preventing lectins from getting attached to the epithelial cells of the intestines. It does this by adding weight on the stool which helps in the bowel movement.
– N-Acetyl D-Glucosamine: – This component mainly helps to prevent against the lectins found in wheat. Apart from preventing lectins’ attachment it also relieves pain.
– Methylsulfonylmethane: – It absorbs lectins molecules and in turn relieve the lower digestive systems from pressure. It is also a good joint pain reliever.
– Bladderwrack: -It is extracted from seaweeds and it locks lectins in your food. It is also a good anti-fungal which helps your body from yeast infections.
– Larch Arabinogalactans: – It is a fiber which is extracted from larch tree. It protects your intestines from lectins by strengthening the intestinal lining.
– D-Mannose: – It mainly protects you from lectins which are present in legume plants, such as: beans, lentils and peas. It prevents lectins from being synthesized and it is also a good anti-bacterium.
– Okra extract: -This extract is multipurpose when ingested into your body system. It protects you from a variety of lectins, makes your skin healthy, is a joint pain reliever and gives support to beneficial bacteria.
– Sialic Acid: – It prevents the buildup of lectins in the digestive system.
If you thought that fighting lectins is the only reason to try Lectin Shield, you are absolutely wrong. It can help you in other ways:
– It helps to relieve bloating and gas problems.
– It improves the absorption of essential vitamins and minerals.
– It can also help boost your energy.
– It can help you manage your weight because it prevents frequent hunger and makes you feel fuller most of the time.
Nothing to Lose
If you are not impressed by Lectin Shield, you are allowed to return it within 90 days from the time of purchase. However, chances are you will end up being a loyal user, because most who have used it have had no complaints but complements. It is advisable that you seek your doctor’s advice before you purchase it.